Bioinformatics has become an important tool for handling and utilizing the large sets of valuable data produced in Molecular Biology. Computerized analysis has a role both as support for wet-lab projects and as a means of extracting knowledge from already available datasets. The fast-growing amount of data makes it necessary to be able to automate analysis and make analysis on a very large scale. This course aims to introduce techniques for meeting this challenge.
Less important now:
- Schedule for 2017
Course evaluation 2017
We had a talk on what worked and what could be improved for the next course round.
- It was good to get material ahead of time.
- Working with joint code review was instructive to see how others had solved problems.
- Long tutorials were not suited for the classroom setting we had. That time could be spent on other stuff. The tutorials were good, but they are better done at home.
Improvements for next time
- List tutorials to work on at home, i.e., introduce more material remotely.
- Make our own specialised and shorter tutorials for the onsite part of the course.