Application deadline is February 28, 2018
We welcome PhD-students at any Swedish University in medical bioinformatics or a related subject to apply for the research school. Target groups include
- Medical PhD students that mainly use computational tools
- Bioinformatics PhD students in a life science subjects
- Geneticists and other statistically oriented PhD students
- Mathematical Medical Biology students.
- PhD students in genomics that mainly use computational tools
- PhD students in systems biology that mainly use computational tools
The deadline for application is Feb 28 2018. All PhDs in a relevant field at a Swedish university are welcome to apply. Priority will be given to those students that begun their studies after Jan 1 2017 or will begin before April 2018. Other students might be accepted if places become available. There will be a new call in approximately one year.
Selection criteria include, the CV and the relevance of the research project. We will strive to have a broad national distribution of students as well as a good gender balance.
Please submit your application electronically here. You will be asked for the following:
- Transcripts of your undergraduate courses, and a CV.
- Your contact information, name and contact information of your supervisor, your starting date of your PhD and a short description of your knowledge of bioinformatics, mathematics, computer science, life science and programming.
- A description of your research project including the bioinformatical challenges of the project, and a description why you think you would benefit from the graduate school
- At least one letter of recommendation from your supervisor(s). This should include a statement that the supervisor will allow you to participate in the courses and that the supervisor will provide you with a suitable laptop for participation in the courses.
- The answer to the following questions:
- List of PhD/Master level courses in Bioinformatics you have taken
- How often do you use Linux/Unix
- What is your preferred programming language ? (List all or none)
- Link to the github/bitbucket repository where you make most commits (if you have one)
- Rate your level of Bioinformatics skills (none, basic user, advanced user, developer)
If you have done it correctly you should get an automatic reply confirming your application.